March 5, 2013

Blog Hoppin’ a Bit Late


I suppose it isn’t a surprise that I just got around to making a set of monogrammed cards for PTI’s blog hop this month.

There was one inspiration photo (second group, top left) that really caught my eye and I was trying to figure out how to replicate it. Then I saw Joyce’s card and I knew which set would work perfectly. Modern Basics, yet another great set by Maile Belles.

bh4

This picture really highlights how my inkpad needed re-inking, but I learned never to re-ink in the middle of a project (talk about major highlighting). I made a point to get re-inkers for all my SU! ink pads, they’re within arms reach at all times. Go figure… I mystify myself.

bh3

I saw this post from Amber and the urge struck me. I remembered I had a 15+ year old binding machine that I had used only a time or two. I knew now was the time to have at it. The band is adhered to a sheet of acetate/clear cardstock. The back is the same as the front minus the band. I thought the acetate would add a bit of durability.

bh2

I stamped the initials on each sheet in each color I had used for the cards.

bh1

Stamps: PTI Modern Basics, Trajan Monogram Edition. Holiday Photo Finishers
Paper: Neenah; Office Max copy paper; SU! Melon Mambo, Poppy Parade, Ballet Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango; leftover overhead projector sheets (aka acetate/clear cardstock)
Ink: SU! Melon Mambo, Poppy Parade, Ballet Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi; VersaMark
Other: Superior Filigree White embossing powder, PlastiKoil PBS 14 punch (appears to be discontinued)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, these were well worth the wait! What an amazing stationary set! I love your use of the Holiday Photo Finishers too, so clever and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice monogram notes Kate! love the notebook especially - nice to get use out of your binder! Now - who is LB??!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,Kate ! How do you match everything up so perfectly. I never seem to be able to do that. Love the monogrammed note set. How fun to have a binder maker. Such a sweet notebook . I should look into that the Gkids woul love me to make notebooks., beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More stunning stamping Kate, love the notebook:)Thanks for the compliment on my pattern stamping, rubbish next to yours!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your note cards, and that little notebook. So very clever, and who cares if you are a bit late. Thanks for the shout out. I feel a little bit famous. And, you are reminding me I should use Modern Basics some more.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails