February 15, 2013

Year of Flowers Watercolors

Today’s post completes my Year of Flowers set.

I heat embossed the image in clear embossing powder  on watercolor paper and then watercolored the image with dye inks.

daffodil

The larkspurs proved to be a bit of a challenge because the flowers and leaves are small and detailed. I ended up watercoloring outside of the lines  in order to give the image more substance and definition, otherwise the edges blended in too much with the background.
I also wish I had stamped the image a bit lower so that it would have been only going off of the bottom instead of the bottom and top. Oh well, it’s my least favorite of the bunch but it’ll pass.

larspurs

Well, that wraps up another card set and PTI’s 6th anniversary celebration.

Stamps: PTI Year of Flowers
Ink: PTI; SU! Going Gray

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your watercolour flowers are just fabulous. I adore the daffodil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too tough on yourself. Both of these cards are just stunning. Wouldn't you know, I did not put any of these stamps in my wish list, and I am so regretting that. I shouldn't complain, but, I want to make everything you have made in your fabulous series. So glad that your 'sporadic' seems to be 'frequent' lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kate, these are so beautiful! You have given me some ideas that mean I can finally buy these much coveted "Year of Flowers" stamps and make use of them without copic markers. Yay! Thank-you for the inspiration! Up the wishlist priority they go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You have definitely inspired me to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay both are beautiful ,and I don't see a thing wrong with the second one. I think I could water color the flowers you have inspired me to try. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Larkspurs are breathtaking. Do you mind if I ask what dye inks you used. I heard that Stampin' Up! Would not work on embossed for coloring but have not tried it myself.. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning! Absolutely love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply stunning! Absolutely love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous flower cards!! Such pretty stamps!! And fabulous to see that you also won something with this!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your watercolour collection creations are gorgeous Kate. They look so soft and dreamy. Whoever receives them are sure to get them framed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails