February 7, 2013

PTI’s 6th Anniversary-D1-Take 3

pti

Whew! I have been feeling inspired. Fun, fun, fun! Today the inspiration comes from Dawn McVey. She is fabulous. I own nearly every set she has designed. I just love that bottom left card so that’s where I started. I included a couple of her signature color combos: berry sorbet and pure poppy and Hawaiian Shores and New Leaf.

pti3

I have a few embossing tips. The chisel end of a Copic blender pen works great for removing most bits of stray embossing.

In order to emboss the die cut images, first I used an embossing buddy (forgot to on the rabbit-oh bother). I used VersaMark to stamp the image. The I attached the die cut to a piece of  foam adhesive. I took my paper piercer and stuck it into the foam. Then I poured on the embossing powder and heated it. It worked great.

I have also found that embossing isn’t very messy if you don’t heat your image over a pile of loose embossing powder. :) (ask me how I know-such a revelation)

The knit background set is a whole lotta fun to use and easy to line up.

knit6

knit1

knit2

knit3

knit4

knit5

Stamps: PTI Bitty Blessings, BB: Striped Sweater, Sweet Baby (heart on onsie)
Paper: Neenah; PTI Pure Poppy, Lavender Moon, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Plum Pudding, Winter Wisteria, Simply Chartreuse; SU! Going Gray
Ink: PTI (please contact me for details); VersaMark (for embossing); SU! Going Gray
Other: Superior detail White embossing powder, PTI Bitty Blessing dies

9 comments:

  1. Wow Kate - there you go with your wonderful backgrounds! LOVE these sweet and colorful baby cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AMAZING! I mean it! Such perfection Kate! Loved the embossing tip , thanks. Someday I want to make cards just like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so lovely! Terrific set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so so cute Kate and the stitch background is amazing. Thank for the embossing tips - my powder gets everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are awesome! Love that you made a set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this set of baby card - the knitted look is just fab and I love the bands of colour! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bow down to your background stamping abilities!! This set of cards is truly adorable and I'm in love with the pairing of these two sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--this is one amazing set of cards. I love them all. They (almost) make me want to have another baby. just kidding. And, if it makes you feel any better, I have learned the same thing about loose embossing powder. In fact, I think the only reason those companies sell powder is to replace the stuff we destroy, because there is no way anyone would ever need a second jar otherwise--each jar is a lifetime supply.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate, these are AH-MAZE-ING!!! Wowzers...now I want the sweater stamp...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails