February 12, 2013

PTI Anniversary Watercolour Contest

pti

Just a single card for you today.

I haven’t used my PTI YOF sets much because I knew I would get lost in colouring them (not necessarily a problem). Well, enter today’s technique. It’s nothing new of course, but it is new  to me. Clear embossing powder then watercolouring with dye inks. I don’t think I have used as much EP this past few days as I  have in the past year or even two. The times they are a changin’.

I used watercolour paper because I feared any other paper would start to warp under numerous colour washes. I used PTI’s dye inks with a fine tip aqua painter. For the flowers, first I started by layering down Orange Zest  and applying more colour to the flower centres.  Next, I went along the outside edges of the flower petals with a light wash of Hibiscus burst. I gave it a minute or two to dry while I started painting the leaves. The last step was to apply Raspberry Fizz the the centre portion of the flowers. The leaves are a Limeade Ice basecoat followed by Simply Chartreuse, a brief dry time and then New leaf. The background is Aqua Mist and the “gladiolous” is SU! Going Gray.

Would I do it again? You bet!

glads

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely glorious Kate, beautifully coloured!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection in the coloring dept. and keep that EP out, and use it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you watercolored with! Everything just "pops"!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! All the color shades and details... Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate you are just amazing, this is stunning! I love this and your shading is pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunningly gorgeous, Kate!!
    I die over this...
    it's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally Stunning!! I love the richness of the colors, the white embossing, and the hint of blue in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! It's on Pinterest!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winner winner chicken dinner. So happy for you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Isn't this technique fun? I used it too and enjoyed myself and will be using my embossing powder a whole lot more often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word - this is absolutely fantastically gorgeous! This is one of my fave YOF sets, which makes me love your card to begin with, but what you've done is truly inspiring. Now, I gotta pull out my watercolors or my reinkers and try this! And CONGRATS on being one of the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE, such gorgeous colors you chose for this, Kate! And the shading is so soft and perfect... AND you were a daily winner to boot, yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jiminee! This is gorgeous!! Congrats on your PTI win too :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails