February 2, 2013

Pillow Boxes

I’ve been consolidating photos of cards that ended up on multiple computers and have come across lots and lots of cards that I’ve never posted.

One thing I can say about my card making style is that I like to make sets. And for me, a set is 5. No rhyme or reason here, it’s just some bizarre compulsion. I also have a thing for stamping the envelope flap to match the card.

With this set, I was definitely inspired. I made a small card (pretty sure it’s 5x3.5), a handmade envelope, a matching sticker to seal the envelope, and a pillow box. I used a deconstructed store bought pillow box as my template. This was way before the PTI die was released.

To cut out the tulip cameos, I’m pretty sure I used a Marvy scallop punch that coordinates with the images.

pillow6

I did a bit of masking on several of the pillow boxes. It was easy because it was a straight edge on a small area. For the trim on several of the cards, I cut off the scallops of a square nestie die cut.

pillow4pillow1

I used quite a few white brads but I broke of the two tines on the back. To say this was tedious is an understatement not to mention the difficulty I had gluing them onto the cards and boxes. I filled the backside of the brad with glue and carefully placed it on my project.

pillow3

pillow5

pillow2

Stamps: PTI BB: Retro, Polka Dot Basics, Wishing You, Guide Lines II
Ink & Grosgrain Ribbon: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Ripe Avocado, Aqua Mist
Paper: PTI SSW

8 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I love that you have matching cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, so nice to see you back blogging with your fabulous creations! These are gorgeous and so perfectly stamped as always:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful. You are the main reason I bought Guidelines II a while back, and it's great fun to see you latest ideas for that set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kate! Long time no see!! thanks for coming by my blog and saying hello! I just love these beautiful sets you've created - your background stampings are just so beautiful (and perfect!!) wonderful colors on thse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous stamping! These are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so wonderful! Love the set idea! And the colors you used are perfection! Your stamping is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It;s amazing to see what you are capable of with your use of colors for a monochromatic look. This set made my jaw drop. I never ever get tired of gorgeous sets like this one. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails