February 25, 2013

Out of the Box

ETA: Hmmm…just found a few archived posts. Not sure what happened but here goes…

I have a box that contains bits and bobs of images I’ve stamped that I knew would make great cards but at the time I lacked the inspiration to do anything more with them. Sometimes I just want to stamp a background or color an image and not complete a whole card. So off it goes into the box.

There are images in my box that I stamped more than 10 years ago. In a way it helps me remember certain techniques. But the box got too full. I was able to put together 20 cards in 2 days.

As you can see from this lot of cards, I can’t get enough of PTI’s banner die. It’s just so handy for adding sentiments, or covering up those sentiments that were so obviously in-one’s-face crooked.

birthdaywishescongrats retro

I watercolored this little dude close to 10 years ago. He’s still as vibrant as ever. I’m pretty sure I used SU! dye ink spots. In making the card, I colored the sky with Copics. I’d watercolored this image two times, exactly the same, so I thought it would be perfect to pop up one image on top of the other.

cowabunga1

cowabunga2

hoppy easter

This card uses the generation stamping technique on glossy paper. I colored directly on the stamp with a marker. marvelous

The next two cards are from a retired SU! set. For me, Copics really shed new light on a lot of my old SU!. Before Copics, coloring images with dye based markers was really hard for me to do. The ink was always too dark. I either had to use a blender pen or watercolor. Life with Copics is much easier. Too bad I feel in love with clear stamps in the meantime.

nice 1

nice 2

And the next two cards are PTI’s Guide Lines and Guide Lines 2 with WMS frames and sentiments.

on your wedding day

so happy 4u

Stamps: Flourishes; WMS; PTI; SU!; Unknown (leaf image)

4 comments:

  1. Kate - this is a fabulous selection of cards. I really like the background you made with the sakura blossom on the first card. And the bunnies on the Easter card are just so sweet.

    You really do make the most wonderful background patterns on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy eye candy on this post. I love your idea of just stamping and putting things away. Sometimes, I feel like stamping and don't know what to do with it, so I don't stamp. I like all of these cards, but my all time fave is the second one with all the circles and rings--it's so mod and looks like an expensive piece of modern art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, I wеnt to thе bеаch with mу сhildren.
    I founԁ a sеa shell and gave it to my 4 yeaг olԁ
    dаughteг and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." Ѕhe ρlaсeԁ the shell tο her еaг аnd sсreamеd.

    Тhere was a hermit сrаb inside anԁ it ρincheԁ her ear.

    She nevеr ωants tο go bаcκ!

    LoL I know this is entirely off topіc but Ι had to tеll someonе!


    Here iѕ my blоg ... Read A lot more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wauw, you surely know how to make gorgeous patterns!! Love the two in the top the most, but all are super! Makes me want to run to my desk and create patterns myself, hi hi!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails