May 5, 2012

More Card Holders

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

And here is a recipe that combines my two favorites…beer and margaritas…to make an awesome beer margarita!
24 oz. beer
12 oz. tequila
12 oz. frozen limeade, thawed
Mix all ingredients together and serve over ice! Fiesta-rific!

Today I have a few more card holders to share with you. The first two use an old PTI My Timeless Template called Keeping Tabs. I tweaked it a bit to make it more non-craft person user friendly. I decided to use magnetic closures instead of ribbon and removed the tabs. All stamps seen today are by Waltzingmouse Stamps. And yes, it’s preview time so please be sure to check out Claire’s blog for links to what the WMS DT is previewing today! it knockered my sockers off!!

This first holder uses WMS Paris Nouveau.

Amour folio 2

amour folio

This shows the side view where I cut off the tabs, trimmed down the sides and opted for magnets to hold the two sides together.

Amour folio 3amour folio 1

And here is the same template but using WMS French Country and Chicken Wire.

rooster folio 3

rooster folio 2

I made this template before the red/pink one. This was a work in progress trying to figure out how to make it a bit more durable and friendlier for the recipient. I found the tabs wore out quickly  and the expecting a non-crafter to tie the ribbon closure repeatedly was a bit unfair, especially since this is a template designed to be opened more than once.

rooster folio 1

For this next holder I used a My Time Made Easy template Card Catch All. Yep, I dusted off my Cricut. It took about seven sheets off paper and many failed attempts before I figured out my Cricut was too close to a wall and the mat couldn’t feed through the machine properly. How hard it can be to re-train the user! And I’m still trying to figure it all out. As you can see, I didn’t line up my paper properly so the “circle” on the back is missing 1/3” on top.

Medallion holder 1Medallion holder 2

Stamps: WMS Very Vintage Labels No. 5, Paris Nouveau, Chicken Wire, French Country, Join Us, Vintage Circles-Small
Ink: PTI
Paper: PTI; SU! Chocolate Chip
Other: Nestabilities; PTI double ended banner die; PTI MTT Keeping Tabs; MTME Card Catch All

9 comments:

  1. OMG I imagine you waited to finish these fabulous card holders before you started on the beer margaritas!!! They sound lethal :o)
    seriously Kate these are beautiful and how special would someone feel if they received one as a gift. I love the Paris nouveau stamp.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Kate! you just knock me down with your wonderful, evenly spaced and perfectly stamped backgrounds! I LOVE these boxes - they are a gift in themselves - never mind the lovely cards inside!!! I like how you changed the design to suit your needs - I love Lauren's templates - they are so fun -

    you asked if I used scallop scissors to make my cloud template - and yes - I did! Thanks for stopping by my blog today - and for sharing these beautiful boxes!! I miss you being on the DT GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work. Love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! These are absolutely AMAZING!!! Wonderful insiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Kate! What fabulous gift packaging! Lovin' all the WM goodness! That Margharita sounds yummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!
    These are so fabulous I just die!!
    I love them all...
    but I have to admit a certain fondness for the second one...
    I think it's the colors...
    blue and yellow!
    And that rooster...
    I just love him!
    I know some people that are going to be squealing with delight when they receive these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Kate, these are so very beautiful. You have completed these card boxes with such precision which gives them the professional look they were created for. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate,
    These are so pretty! Love how you can make this an awesome gift this way! Beautiful designs!!!
    thanks for your comment on my blog! You asked how we achieved the backgrounds, well, it was a lot of masks and glimmermist
    and also Distress inks and then stamping over that with gorgeous texture stamps! Fun to do!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing ! I think it would b e fun to see you make one of these from start to finish. You are so creative, and these are beautiful! I love all the stamping that goes into these beauties.
    I am going to pass the Margarita recipe on to my husband. Sounds interesting . TFS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails