April 28, 2012

Fifth Wheel

“Four of a Kind” is a group of four very talented ladies who participate in something akin to a monthly card club. This month I was especially inspired by their creations and decided to hop on as a fifth wheel. Here is a link to Renee’s post. She is a WMS Mischief Maker and was the creator of the kits this month. Her post contains a link to the other three members’ posts. All the ladies made such awesome cards.

I went ahead and created a similar kit by stamping all sorts of background papers. I was surprised how quickly six cards came together.

rooster1Rooster2

Rooster3

The sun rays behind the roosters are from PTI’s Up, Up & Away set.

Rooster5

Rooster6Rooster7

Rooster8

And, yes, the back of my little label is stamped with PTI’s handmade stationery stamp.  I stamped the flap of the envelopes using the medallion background. I made three red and three black. Renee is correct in stating that this is the easiest background stamp ever created.Rooster9

Stamps: WMS Gingham & Co., French Country, Chicken Wire, Way Out West
Paper: SU! Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
Ink: PTI True Black; SU! Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler
Ribbon: SU! Cherry Cobbler; Unknown black gingham

7 comments:

  1. Love the roosters Kate, you've made such cheerful cards with them. I missed commenting on the previous posts but have just scrolled down and love the colours you've used, the soft orange and black is so striking.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Kate!! :)
    I absolutely adore what you did with the roosters and fencing...
    and gingham :)...
    I'm SO CASE'ing you with that!
    These all look so fabulous and what a incredible gift set...
    now I'm truly inspired to get cranking on some of these sets!
    And yes...
    Claire designed the perfect background stamp in this set...
    even I can't mess it up...
    always perfect on the first try!
    But actually all of hers...and now Anya's...line up perfectly...
    I'm always amazed at how easy Claire has made it for me! :)
    And feel free to join us anytime as our "5th"...
    it's a joy to have you...
    I just love our group and get so excited when kits come in the mail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kate, love what you did with our little 4 of a Kind idea. Your cards are gorgeous, love the use of the chicken wire stamp and how many cards you made using the same ingredients that Renee sent us. It is quite an honor to have a WM DT member join our little group as an honorary 5th member!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate...all of your cards are just to incredible and a completely different take on what any of us made. I love the idea of the rooster being behind the chicken wire, just so cleaver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card set! Your colors are perfect! And I love how you snuck in that mountain range background stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Fifth Wheel--I LOVE it! What a fabulous card set you have made. You are welcome to join us any time. What fun. I am going to add your cards to my 4 of a kind pinboard. I love how you have incorporated the sun rays, and how you used the rooster behind the chickenwire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks soooo pretty! Love the French look of your set of cards!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails