April 13, 2012

Card Packaging: Totes & Bags

ETA 4/13/12: Here is a link to Nichole Heady’s tutorial on how to make the totes. I didn’t fold my paper around the inside of the box. I just used two panels, one for the front and one for the back. Also, I trim my boxes just below the adhesive remaining from the set’s label, which leaves a box approximately 4 1/8-4/1/4” tall. To make the “double-wide,” I taped two boxes together with score tape. HTH! :)

Here are some  totes and bags I’ve made to hold some of the cards I’ve been making. For the totes, I used two PTI boxes taped together. Five cards comfortably fit in each box, so a total of ten per tote. The bags hold 15+ cards.

tote1

Back viewtote1-2tote2

Back view
tote2-2

I have started using a rough time limit when I color with Copics because, for me, it is far too easy to get carried away and spend way more time than necessary coloring an image. Now I figure how much time I want to spend coloring the image and stick to it. It keeps me from re-working  and re-working an image. I do allow for touch-ups. Weird, I’m sure. But I enjoy coloring much more now.tote3

And some close-ups.tote3-2

To color this card I used PTI’s recommended Raspberry Fizz trio. The two darker colors wouldn’t blend into the lightest and I went over my time limit trying to fix the problem. I will have to find a lighter color that blends better. Plus, I found my “speed coloring” technique doesn’t work very well when watching tv (the horror). I didn’t pay attention to what I was coloring so the blending was quite bad. I had to compensate for that as well.

tote3-3

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: SU!; Memento; PTI
Paper: PTI Kraft: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White

6 comments:

  1. Great projects Kate! Love your copic coloring! You should do a video:)

    And as always, your background stamping on the french country sets are out of this world! You're a whiz at getting the spacing just right!

    Hope you have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love these. Any chance of a tutorial for the card holders made with the boxes from PTI?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your projects Kate! the card boxes are SO pretty with the plaid and image stampings - and your flowers look totally 3 D!! you'd never know you had 'issues'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pure genius Kate, what a fabulous way to hold your card sets:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, where do I start?! Combining French Country with the plaid is just brilliant!! What fantastic little totes. And the coloring on your roses is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful ideas and all are soooo beautiful!!! Very inspiring!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails