March 10, 2012

More Critters to Color

     I made a few tweaks to my last watercolor card. While cutting my watercolor paper to size, I was left with a long rectangular chunk. I decided it might be easier for the recipient to paint the card with a separate watercolor “palette.” This left me with more room to stamp a larger scene and the palette gave me the opportunity to stamp larger circles for colors that likely would be used more. I also tried to cram as many images as visually possible with the thought that, in this context, it is more fun to paint images than wide open spaces.

seacritters 1

seacritters 2

farmcritters 1

Stamps: Lawn Fawn; Stampendous (flower); PTI (large & small circles)
Ink: Ranger Archival (waterproof) Black
Paper: Canson watercolor paper

3 comments:

  1. These are fabulous. I must make some today for a special little girl. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove these so much! With the colors separate even better! And the farm scene is just perfect!!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails