October 14, 2011

WMS October Release-Day 3

First off, a big thank you to all you ladies and the gent who’ve left me such wonderful comments. Today is the Day 3 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps October Release, the day before the release. Tomorrow, you will be able to purchase the sets we have been showing you, plus the two sets we will be highlighting tomorrow on the design team blog waltz. Stay tuned!

Today the design team is showcasing 2011 Holiday Ornaments and Santa’s Coming to Town. I apologize, I got so carried away with the ornaments that I forgot to budget time for Santa. I don’t want to end up on his naughty list. That’s for sure! So, I will definitely be making time for Santa in the very near future.

2011 Holiday 6

2011 Holiday 5

2011 Holiday 4

2011 Holiday 3

2011 Holiday 2

2011 Holiday 1

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps 2011 Holiday Ornaments, Flourishes-Scallops and Dots, Seasons of Love-Tags, Very Vintage Christmas, Festive Foliage, Frame It, Say it Loud-Winter Holiday
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Cottage Ivy: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Going Gray, Elegant Eggplant, Soft Sky
Other: i-rock, Hot Rocks crystals; WRMK Corner Chomper

Lastly, I wanted to leave you with some of my tips about making paper bows:
For both kinds, you’ll want to use a light-weight paper (I used SU! Whisper White, which I think is the maximum thickness you’d want to use). Most DP would be perfect. Heavier-weight paper will crease instead of bend.
For the more complex bow, I used good ol’ glue to put it together, instead of staples or brads. I feel glue gave me more control in arranging the bow “petals.” Plus, there is less bulk. Then, instead of the measurements on the SCS tutorial, I used the following for the big bow: All strips were 3/4” wide, 8 @ 5 1/2,” 4 @ 4 1/2” and one at 3 1/2.”

And I’ve hoped you’ve come to expect it because there is so much more inspiration for you that is just a click away!

Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Belinda Chang Langner
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Kate Whelan
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Niki Estes
Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

25 comments:

  1. They're all soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - you've excelled yourself - these sets are just fabulous! I really like the way you mix and match the various WM sets - and these are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! MY..... All celebrations are here on this post...... I love every bit if it..... GORGEOUSNESS BEYOND WORDS!!!

    Happy Celebrations!!!

    Ash... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!! love, love. love them.. I hope you don't mind but I will be case-ing these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Kate, your cards are absolutely gorgous and I love each of them. I am really impressed how you combined all those different stamp sets to make those wonderful cards. No matter what colour, they all look great. And I love the flourishes and the little snowflakes in the background as well as those pines, the frame and the sentiments - well, I just love everything about your cards.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!
    You did get carried away!! :)
    But Santa would never be upset because these are so gorgeous!
    I love the way you've combined all the various sets...
    just stunning!
    You have outdid yourself with these!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh KATE! What fantastic layouts!! Such creative use of all of those little images. The color schemes are too cool, I am loving the way the black pops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just outstanding Kate! Such a perfect combination of sets - this is a gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Kate! these are SO pretty!! Love the stamps you used and all the various colors and sentiments!! The blue flouishes add such a wonderful touch of whimsy to these!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow, wow! These are gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...you have made an amazing dent in your holiday cards. These are incredible and look so amazing. So many different looks with the same images.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what amazing samples!! The ornaments look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried to comment yesterday but botched it, so I'm back and man oh man will I ever be CASE-ing these! I want to give one more round of applause for your grey-toned ensembles yesterday! I was so blown away by the bows it took me a minute to really absorb what you'd done with the wrapping paper/packaging.
    By the way, if you are the Kate W. that I *think* you are, I just wanted to let you know that you've been an IDOL of mine for some time, through your projects on various stamp companies' sites/galleries/etc. I can completely relate to the "sporadic" thing (it describes my craft life perfectly) but let me say this: Be as sporadic as you like, because whenever you do create, it's GOLD. Thank you for all the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Kate! Love your choice of colors ~ so classy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant combo of sets!! you're such a genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are some of the most beautiful, professional handmade Christmas cards I have seen in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Susan said: What a fabulous set of Christmas cards! Can you send them to me?? Thanks for sharing your work with us. (Have to post anonymously due to Blogger problems!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a gorgeous set Kate!! I've come back to look three times and admire the colors, the combinations of sets and the perfect balance of it all!! You had me at hello :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Picking my jaw up off the floor...I love these creations!

    Wonderful

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this ornament set! Collecting ornaments is a hobby of mine so this one may be my favorite new release.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just oohed, ahhed and ooooohed some more when I saw this set of pure gorgeousness!! LOVE how you showcased these ornaments!! The framing, the pine bough, the colors....WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had the same thought as Earline - your cards are works of art. Wow, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so beautiful, forget about Santa, he can wait for these beauties. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails