October 13, 2011

WMS October Release-Day 2

It’s the 2nd day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps September release and I am now back on schedule. Today the design team is showcasing Nordic Winter. I call it the “sweater set.” This is my mostest favoritist set of the release. In trying to describe how much I love it, I say this: If I were stranded on a deserted island for a year and could only have one stamp set, this would be it. I haven’t even begun to touch the tip of the possibility iceberg with this set.

I like to make items that can be reused because then I feel spending a little extra time on them is worth it. For today, I chose to make a trio of gift boxes because I thought they would best highlight this awesome set. I used two different tutorials for the bows, which you can find here and here. I don’t ever think I want to buy a bag of smooshed holiday bows again. The ornament tag is a sneak peak of one of the sets we will be highlighting tomorrow.

Nordic Winter 1Nordic Winter 2

Nordic Winter 3

Nordic Winter 4

And since pictures are worth a thousand words, here is a pictorial on how I got (or tried to get) my borders to line up on all four sides of the box (if it’s not, please let me know).

Nordic Winter Demo

Nordic Demo 2

Nordic Demo 3

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Nordic Winter
Paper: PTI SS White (for boxes), SU! Whisper White (for ribbons and ornaments)
Ink: SU! Bordering Blue, Basic Gray

Are you as excited by this release as I am? If so, you’ll want to keep on clickin’ and just watch as your excitement continues to grow, grow, grow!

Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Belinda Chang Langner
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Kate Whelan
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Niki Estes
Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

28 comments:

  1. Wauw!!! Impressive packing!!! Loooove how you did this!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects. Love the colour scheme and all the bows/ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate - you've done it again!! These gift boxes are just fabulous! I love the colours you've used, and thanks for the links to the papers bows - booked marked to look at later!! Love this lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're truly amazing, Kate. Your eye for design is incredible and I'm loving all the various designs you achieved from this set to create your boxes and bows. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous stamped in grey and black. I am very inspired by your clever and beautiful bows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For REALS?!!!!!! I cannot even begin to type how much I love your post, Kate! Your bows and gift wraps make me want to offer to wrap all of my family's gifts for them! For free! SO STUNNING! Just like you wrapped them up in an old sweater. This peek day is the best! I want every day to be Nordic Winter peek day, thanks so much for sharing your awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BOOM!!!
    That was my jaw hitting the floor in awe!
    OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!
    These are stunning...
    STUNNING!!
    Words fail me...
    just stunning!!
    These boxes...
    bows...
    I think I may have passed out!
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just knew you'd be doing some totally awesome backgrounds Kate! I LOVE these wonderful boxes and ribbons - super color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and SO elegant!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Kate, these boxes with those patterns and those wonderful bows are just great, gorgeous, stunning, unique... I really love what you created with this set and I love the colours you used. Those are perfect gift boxes and already the boxes themselves are a gift.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning ensemble Kate!! I'm in love with those bows. The way you used this set was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable. Thanks for linking the bows to this. I'll be trying them out this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ack! Get out, Kate! These are terrific projects! I love, love, LOVE the bows! Better than any I've seen...must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kate, these are beautiful!! The colour scheme is perfect, and the bows are gorgeous!! I LOVE when things match ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! These are absolutley outstanding. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SHUT UP!

    Seriously, Kate, these are the most fantastic thing EVER. Your projects are always so inspirational and I can't wait to make some of those bows myself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the color palette you used! So cool! And those bows are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is so amazing!! (As usual, everything you make is always amazing!) Can't believe how cool those bows turned out. Will definitely have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Kate!! You make AMAZING projects with the stamps!! Gasp! I love how beautiful every item is, and your stamping is AMAZING, I wish I can line up everything perfect like you do. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everyone else has said what I feel - beyond amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Soo beautiful - made me gasp. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kate, how do you do it? Absolutely fantabulous! Where did you get the patterns for the boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow wow and wow!!!!

    FABULOUS

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the box tutorial! The colors and patterns you chose for this reminds me of a sweater my sister used to have. Very pretty for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  25. María Alba Negrón10/15/11, 7:11 PM

    Hi Kate!,

    The jars are Fantastic, the cards are Wonderful, but these boxes and bows are to die for!!! Thanks for the tutorial and the chance to win this lovely stamps!

    Cariños,

    María Alba Negrón
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    perfectasimperfecciones@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow!! That just says it all. Are you kidding me, these are soooo fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails