October 12, 2011

WMS October Release-Day 1

Welcome to my second first day of an unexpected Waltzingmouse Stamps October release. I was a day ahead of myself an accidentally published this post yesterday. Whoops! So, I’ve taken this opportunity to add a few more pictures.

Wait until you feast your eyes on what Claire is releasing this month! I’ve had a hard time putting one set down in order to move on to the next. All the images conjure up so many great ideas.

Claire designed 6 sets for the upcoming holidays that were just too fabulous to wait until the scheduled November release. Now you will be able to get the sets with time to use them on your holiday projects. The sets will be available for purchase on Friday, October 14th.

Today, the design team is showcasing Seasonal Remedies. The stamps coordinate with Spellbinder’s Nestabilities, likely ones you already own. The set is perfect for food and beverage type gifts, whether they be homemade or store bought.

My project is based on a Lauren Meader design that caught my eye a few years ago. I went out and bought the beverage cups but lacked the motivation to do anything with them… until I saw Seasonal Remedies and inspiration sprang forth. The cups were a lot easier for me than the cup holder. It’s probably because it was the first one I made and I had no idea what I was going to do. I used glue dots to attach the knotted ribbon and for some reason me and glue dots we just don’t get along. I’m going to go back and glue the ribbon on with good ol’ Elmer’s and then I will be satisfied. I like glue. It’s reliable. It takes awhile to dry on ribbon but it’s worth it. I will be making one more for the other two cups and am optimistic it all will go more smoothly. I stuffed my cups with two flavors of cocoa and a mini bottle of Baileys-yum yum yum. Overall, I think it is a fun and rather inexpensive little gift.

Seasonal Remedies 2

Seasonal Remedies 1Seasonal Remedies 5

Seasonal Remedies 6

And the following two pictures are after I have re-glued my ribbon knots onto the cocoa clutch. It’s a subtle, but it makes all the difference in the world to me.

Seasonal Remedies 3

Seasonal Remedies 4

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Seasonal Remedies, Very Vintage Christmas (flourishes on cocoa caddy), Holiday Labels No. 14 (frame around Pure Christmas Spirit image), Ovals-Classic Frames (frame around Goodwill image)
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; SU! Pool Party; PTI Lemon Tart
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; SU! Summer Sun
Other: Spellbinders Grand Cailbur, Nestabilities; i-rock, Hot Rocks crystals; Archer Farms beverage cups (purchased at Target, I’m not sure if they’re still available); SU! ribbon; Copics

I appreciate you stopping by (again) to take a look. I hope I’ve inspired you in some small way with any plans you’ve had for upcoming holiday gifts. Please be sure to check out the other DT ladies, creative genius awaits you!

Julia Aston  
Belinda Chang Langner 
Claire Brennan (Owner)

And in response to a post I made on the Waltzingmouse Forum. Here’s how I organize my WMS. I used foam board and a glue gun. I’m beginning to outgrow it now so I will have to think of ways to expand it to fit in the limited space available on my crafting tables.

WMS storage

20 comments:

  1. Oh, wauw! These look gorgeous!! The cups look so professional, with the splashing colors!! Like a christmas gift you could buy in the shop!!! Awesome!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! they are fabulous love love love this idea.

    Great storage too

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word!! This is just amazing! Do you need my address?? lol. FABULOUS work Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, what a fabulous idea!! Your cups are so wonderfully decorated, love them!! Your colouring is amazing on all the labels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous for a Christmas gift - I think the decorated cups and holder look wonderful!

    And at first I thought it was a coffee themed set !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulously brilliant Christmas gift...
    LOVE it!
    And this set is perfect for it...
    amazing post...
    amazing project...
    I die!
    Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great drink gift container Kate! the colors on your labels are beautiful! Love the stampings on your box too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a lot of work, but well worth it! Great job on everything! Love your colors and layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is incredible Kate! The wonderfully rich colors look so appealing with this adorably designed ensemble. Love the die cut out for the holder...how creative of you. This project totally ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous idea!!! I love all these new stamps and I can't wait to get my hands on some!! Such a beautiful project :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning gift ensemble Kate! Love your choice of colors! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous set, Kate! I love how you colored the labels!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please, please, please! I want a tutorial on how you could colour your labels that beautifully! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous ensemble!! The coloring is spectacular, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Seriously? Those labels look printed - awesome coloring! Love the cup holder too (I'd love to know how you did that).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, Love, Love your labels Kate!! The colors are stunning!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is outstanding. So much detail and time you have put into this. I love the way you colored the labels, LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the labels and the storage for WMS is fabulous as well - mine are outgrowing my available space but I blame Claire for that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nicely done!! I think I may have to run over to Starbuck's, this has me craving a latte :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails