September 21, 2011

Bits ‘n’ Pieces–Pumpkin

     Although my blog has been silent for most of the summer, there sure has been a lot going on behind the scenes. After my appendectomy at the end of June, I had a quiet recovery during July, with the exception of finding out I was being “displaced” (no worries here, this is a blessing). In August, I had far too much time on my hands to stir up plenty of domestic mischief. I managed to sprain my ankle doing yard work and to slice the skin off the back of three of my fingers (beware of kitchen mandolins), severing the tendon in one of them, which surgery wasn’t able to fix. I have a pin in my right middle finger to hold the tip of it straight.


     Oh, and then there is my basement craft room! It is now a dry haven. The wall that was leaking has been rebuilt (it’s gorgeous) and the backyard has been completely re-graded and landscaped (love it). I painted my basement (I’d been holding off on this until the problem was fixed), cleaning the carpets and doing other minor fix ups. It’s turning out to be quite the pleasant space. This has led to me to re-paint the rest of my home.


     So enough with the yada-yada…onto the card! The post is called Bits ‘n’ Pieces because, as a WMS fan would know, I have used several bits and pieces from many different Waltzingmouse Stamps sets. When Claire released Asian Gardens Additions, she mentioned using one of the lanterns as a pumpkin and this idea stuck with me because it was brilliant. The leaves are from Rescue Remedies. While I was playing around, I discovered the flower image from the Rescue Remedies set makes perfect wheels for a Cinderella-type carriage (bippity-boppity-boo)-more to come on this. I used the pumpkin top from Halloween Party, the flourishes are from Flourishes-Scallops and Dots and the border stamp and small snowflake/star are from Very Vintage Christmas. The sentiment comes from the Peace and Plenty set. I used the period/dot from Victorian Alphabet to soften the line between the border and the pumpkins.

Thankgiving pumpkins

Waltzingmouse Stamps sets used:

17 comments:

  1. What a super card - one of the things I really love about the WM sets is the way they mix and match so beautifully. Just love the way your pumpkins have turned out!

    Sounds like it's been an interesting and painful summer! Hope all is well now - the new dry craft room sounds brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Ohmyohmy. These are OUTSTANDING! I die for these pumpkins! I am going to shamelessly copy them! I love the leaves and the swirls and the different colors that you used! Kate, I can't stop looking at them, I love them so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you must be happy to have a nice craft room now and a beautiful scenery to look outside :)

    Lovely card and love how you've used the various stamp sets in harmony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope you are feeling better now.....Yes I missed you on your blog and now I know why. A lot has happened and you've been busy too. I keep starign at this card. Brilliant use of so many stamps and the result - yes I sound a bit boring..I know..sorry... - is breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lanterns are so versatile! Your pumpkins are absolutely beautiful! A very gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Talk about a bad summer. I hope fall goes better for you. You used 7 sets on one card! Have you ever kept track of what's the most sets you have used on one card? It would be interesting to know. Love your stuff!!! Thanks for sharing and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW, I love your card! Very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My what a time you have had - glad you are on the mend and your house is shaping up to be a crafty haven for you! THis card is delightful and so creative. TFS your creative talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness this is just Fabulous! Love all the stamps sets you used for your Gorgeous creation! And I agree they all work together so seamlessly too! Just Love WM stamps! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    P.S. Goodness you've had a lot happen to you this summer. So glad to hear you are on the mend and I am sending positive wishes that all will be smiles and sunshine from this point forward. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. O.M.G. Stop it! Stop it right now, Kate! How'd you go and think up these most adorable pumpkins? I was staring at them going...wait, that's the lanter...wait, that's the Rescue Remedy lea...WAIT, that's a flouris...oh no, oh no she didn't!!!! I love these sooo much! So creaaaaaative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh, I was feeling all sorry for you and then you showed us the card!!! all I can think about now is these pumpkins!! lol!!! Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE the swirls on the pumpkins Kate! Not to mention the LANTERN pumpkins themselves!!! You sure know how to use Claire's Stamps in unusual ways GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girlfriend, you.are.amazing!! There are soooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowsers Kate!! It doesn't get more clever or creative than this!! You are quite the inspiration!! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Kate! Love your card! That WM pumpkin patch is one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOU are such a GENIUS!!! wow!! love your pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, where'd my comment from yesterday go. :( I'll leave another b/c it's worth repeating!

    This is absolutely BRILLIANT, Kate! :) Such a clever use of these sets! I can't wait to try some of your ideas! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails