August 4, 2011

WMS August SOAP-Day 4

     Thank you, ladies, for all of your inspiring comments. I hold them near and dear to my heart.
    
     I mentioned it before and now is the time for You, my friend, to get you crafty. WMS invites you to participate in a CASE (Copy and Share Everything) competition.

     What you need to do:
Find a card or project from any of the design team’s posts over the past four days of the August parade; CASE that project using Waltzingmouse Stamp images and link it using the Inlinkz on Claire’s blog at http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.com/.
     At the end of the competition, one project will be randomly selected to be highlighted with a Parade of its own on several of the Design Team blogs.
    When you need to do it by: You have one week to complete and link your project. The competition will close at 8:00 AM Claire’s time on August 10th, which is 3 AM Eastern, 2 AM Central and Midnight, Pacific time. The winner will be announced on Claire’s blog on August 11th.

      The WMS Design Team is on its last day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps Stamp of Approval Parade (SOAP). Today we all are rewinding to showcase Afternoon Tea. My card today is supposed to look like a hand-painted teakettle, fluid and far from perfect. I found when I lined all the layers up straight in preparation to assemble the card…(crickets)…boring! Was it hard for me to make sure everything, even the ribbon was a little off? A double heck yeah it was!! But hand-crafted isn’t always (and doesn’t always have to be) perfection.

Tea 1

Tea 2

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Afternoon Tea, Cameo to Go (leaf/heart image), Cameo Creations (small leaf/heart cross), You’re Lovely (medium & small flower and flourish), Flourishes-Scallops & Dots
Ink: Pool Party, Island Indigo
Paper: SU! Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Island Indigo
Ribbon: PTI Vintage Cream saddle stitch
Other: Unknown White acrylic paint; toothpick (to make dots)

The end of the parade draws near. Please be sure to stay to the end and keep on clicking. There is a lot of inspiration yet to see!

Anya Schrier
Claire Brennan
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Kate Whelan (It’s me)
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you've added pattern to the kettle and cup - brings a whole new look to those stamps that I haven't used nearly enough! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific. I really like the shades of blue and the pattern on the teacup and kettle - fab! I think the flourishes make wonderful swirls of steam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek! More wonderful background pattern stampings Kate! love your steaming teapot and your pretty coordinating cup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable Kate. I love your attention to detail and all the little wonderful additions you have given this set. GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally cool! (And I don't mean the tea, because it's steaming hot by the look of your stamped swirls, lol!). Brilliant as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you decorated the teapot etc. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So precious and lovely!!
    I love what how you have incorporated all the sets...
    that pattern on the cup and pot...
    fabby beyond words!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! Like how you added the leaves and flowers to the kettle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh perfect!! I love the swirls for steam, looks great and really leads the eye around the card! Love it! Pretty colors too!

    hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so neat how you added the pattern to the tea pot. It reminds me of hand painted polish pottery. It's perfect how you tied it all together with the stamped border. Beautiful! (Blue is my favorite color.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails