August 1, 2011

WMS August SOAP-Day 1

     Thank you! Thank you for joining us on day 1 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps Stamp of Approval Parade. The design team is highlighting new and different ways to use the stamps from last months release. The design team has four days of great ideas lined up for you. For the first three days, we’re using stamps from WMS July release and on day four we’re rewinding to re-showcase “Afternoon Tea.”
     For this month’s SOAP, I am focusing on backgrounds. Yes, you’ve probably noticed a lack of DP on this blog…and not because I don’t own any. For me, I feel it is just one to many things to throw into the mix…and maybe, just because, I’m an old-schooler.
     OK, I can’t lie. I’m feeling rather crafty with the pineapple image. It wasn’t anything I thought up before hand (which always seems to be the best, from past experience). Sometimes I can just remember the fab bits and bobbles Claire includes in a set and then the light bulb goes off.
Thank You 3
     Here is the background I started with. I used the leaf image from Ovals-Classic Frames. My inspiration came from the brilliant card Joan made here. I then stamped an image from “Text It” to fill in the background. I have to give a big shout out and thank you to my step-mom. She gave half of her new SU! “In Color” paper and let me use her new in color stamp pads as well. Definitely helped with sparking my creativity.

Thank You 4

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Ovals-Classic Frames, Around Christmas (pinecone), Join Us, Text It, Vintage Labels 18
Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade, Chocolate Chip, Calypso Coral; Versamark
Paper: SU! Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Ribbon: Unknown White

Other:
  Superior Filigree White embossing powder

     Please hop on to see the wonderful inspiration that awaits you!!!

Anya Schrier
Claire Brennan
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Kate Whelan (Moi)
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker

13 comments:

  1. Great card and a creative use of the pine cone as a pineapple! Great background stamping too, the leaf image makes a wonderful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius Pineapple!!! I had to think about where it came from!! lol!! superb head you have for working that out!! Cracking card Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love that pineapple you made! Here I was thinking that I needed to get the set, and duh, I have it! So great!! Your homemade patterned papers are the best...save your money, because you never need to buy any more, yours are sooo goood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to come and see your creations Kate! What wonderful bg stamping! that coral sentiment panel just pops off the green. You are so creative with combining the 'bits' of the different WMS sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the background you've created here and the "pineapple" is brilliant! You are so creative with these stamps - love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a real gift for creating wonder background/patterned paper. Love all the layers to this complex yet so appealing design. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I love your ability to combine elements for a fantastic design. I love the depth of all these patterns together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love ALL your fantastic backgrounds Kate, they are inspirational:0
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful card: the background is amazing!! And of course, love those pineapples too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card made me think of antique wall paper. But I must say that this is by far more gorgeous :)
    Good to see you stamping again: I missed your stunning projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Kate! Your custom stamped BG looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the BG paper you created! The pineapple is brilliant!! Will be CASEing that idea for sure. (Of course, I will now need to move Around Christmastime off of the wish list and onto the BUY list!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails