June 30, 2011

WMS July Release-Day 3

     Wow! It’s day 3 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps July release. Tomorrow’s the big day!! Big hugs and blessings for all your comments and get well wishes!
     There are eight sets releasing this month, so it is a bit of a challenge in itself to show you every set to it’s fullest…I’m sure that’s why Claire has such an awesome (and large) design team; everyone is sure to show you something different and cover all the bases.
     Today, I am showing you my most favorite set of this release, You’re Lovely. age style sentiment are all from the set.Vintage Style 1

     For some reason the bottom corners photographed funky. IRL, the bottom corners are the exact same as the top. Not quite sure what photography trick was at work, but you get the gist. Here, everything but the sentiment is from You’re Lovely. The sentiment, you saw it yesterday (yes, I love it), is from Big Day Essentials. Once again, this is a flat panel card. The idea here is to run the silver cardstock through the printer for all the deets and then attach the decorative panels. I think this card could work for both a wedding or a prom. If used for a prom, it could be sent to a bunch of girlfriends for a “let’s get ready together” get-together.Vintage Style 2

      This card also uses the You’re Lovely set, but the flowers are from the Eat Cake set, which I will be showing you tomorrow. That fabulous flourish is from the first of a series called Flourishes-Scallops & Dots. The oval shadow stamp from Ovals-Classic Frames is perfect to ground the image. I used Victorian Frippery for the border because it is the perfect vintage compliment.Vintage Style 3

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Flourishes-Scallops & Dots (July ’11), Eat Cake (July ’11), You’re Lovely (July ’11), Victorian Frippery
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pear Tart, London Fog
Paper: PTI Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, Silver Shimmer; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; SU! Basic Gray
Other:
Copic markers, Spellbinders Grand Calibur and Fancy Tags die; i-rock Crystal Hot Rocks, WRMK Corner Chomper; Recollections adhesive faux pearls

To make sure you see all eight sets to their fullest, you will want to make sure to make the rounds to all the design teams’ blogs…

Anya Schrier
Belinda Chang Langner
Bonnie Sharp
Claire Brennan (She’s so fabbby!)
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Kate Whelan (You guessed it!)
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Niki Estes
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker

18 comments:

  1. Another two fabulous creations today!! Love them

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Kate!! Love the colour combos and gorgeous designs. Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Kate, love the images and so different to your usual style, gorgeous!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are a delight to the eyes! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate - such fantastic cards - so beautiful, so elegant - can't wait to get them!! I absolutely love the green card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate, these are two very elegant and beautiful cards which I like both. I like on both cards the colours you chose and also how you made up the dresses.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards with this new set Kate! Love the paper piecing on the dress form and the wonderful coloring on the prom dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards and I love the way you colored the dress on the first on

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual, you are rocking the new sets, Kate! :) These are both great, but I especially love the green and black. Looks so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous, so elegant and stylish! I think Claire will be rushed off her feet tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dresses are gorgeous Kate!! Love the green with the flowers on the bodice. And your second is so soft and lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I LOVE how you have decorated the dress forms Kate!! so pretty and elegant - and you get my award for performing above and beyond the call of duty - sure hope you are getting some rest after your ordeal!!! Big Hugs Kate!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes! Very pretty! I love the green and black together - makes for a sassy little number! Elegance all the way on your second card.. your coloring gives the illusion the dress is shimmering! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, wauw! These are truly truly beautiful and soooo stylish!! Love them both, totally different looks, but both gorgeous!!
    Love them!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful cards: I LOVE them both!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely way for decorating the dress forms!Fun use of the swirls on it! So cool! And I've never put black and green together but I'm starting to think I should!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards, Kate! I love the black, green and gray combo. And your coloring on the Save the Date card is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I fainted....... no just kidding but it almost happened because you took my breath away....
    I'm speechless but is it clear that I LOVE your projects? I am a big fan :)!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails