June 29, 2011

WMS July Release-Day 2

     Welcome back for day 2 of Waltzingmouse Stamps July release! Thank you oh so much for the comments. I always love to hear what you have to say!
     Today the WMS Design Team is showcasing two wedding-themed sentiments that are large and oh so lovely.
     I am continuing my post from yesterday and showing you the inside of the gift card holder. Today it is all about the sentiments and I just love how Claire made them so elegant. *sigh*Bride & Groom 1

     To finish off the front of the insert, I used the background stamp from Asian Gardens for a very simple border and it visually ties the insert and the outside of the card together.Bride & Groom 2

     The inside is a bit hard to see what I’ve done. The insert is three fold with one end glued onto the middle section. Before I glued it, I punched two small holes and cut a slit connecting them making the opening to insert the gift card.
     I think these two sentiments are wedded bliss! They both come from the soon to be released set Big Day Additions.Bride & Groom 3

     Like I said yesterday, I think this holder could be tweaked to become an easy wedding invitation. There is room for a reply envelope and the slot could hold the RSVP and reception info instead of a gift card. My goal is to try to make this into a template and post for you all to use. Wish me luck!!!

     Next up, a “save the date” card. Actually, it is not a card in the sense that you open it up; it’s just one panel. I designed it so that it could be run through a printer (before the embellishments are added) to add the names of the parties and the date. A magnet could be added to the back so it can be hung on the recipient’s fridge. The hearts are from the previously released set Sweethearts. It makes an awesome compliment to this month’s release…think Valentine’s and then some. I will play with the combo more for August’s SOAP.
     The rests of the sets are from this months release. The large oval and matching border are from Ovals-Classic Frames. The silhouettes are from Cameo Creations, The sentiment comes from Big Day EssentialsSave the Date 1

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Asian Gardens, Sweethearts, Big Day Additions (July ’11), Big Day Essentials (July '11), Ovals-Classic Frames (July ’11), Cameo Creations (July ’11)
Ink: SU! River Rock, Real Red; Ranger Antique Linen; VersaMagic Midnight Black
Paper: PTI Aqua Mist; SU! Very Vanilla, River Rock, Real Red; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Ribbon: Unknown lace
Other:
Recollections adhesive faux pearls

     My friends, creative genius is just a click away… 

Anya Schrier
Belinda Chang Langner
Bonnie Sharp
Claire Brennan (She’s so fabby)
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Kate Whelan (U R here)
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Niki Estes
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards!!! Love how elegant the gift card is and the beautiful save the date card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - I am in awe!! These are fantastic. I absolutely love the Save the Date card - so dramatic, so romantic!! And the gift envelope for the Bridge and Groom is superb!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the “save the date” ! Amazing details!)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG how amazing is that second card. wonderful job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously!? That Save the Date card is genius! First, the fact it is one layer and printable is so perfect for something like this. Second, I think the embellished details just make it.. the pearls and veil - LOVE! The gift card holder is fantastic, too. Classy design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely cards!! So fun to see them combined with the other set too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really are the trigger for my craft budget :) My oh my oh my......
    And this is pure beauty!!!
    I can't come up with a better comment. I'm sorry. Maybe it's because of the fact that I just sit and stare.....
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect and Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the inside of your gift envelope Kate! And your second card is super precious and charming. Love the lacy veil!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful projects Kate! Love the little eyelet and pearl piece! Such sweet touches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looove your color combos and both these in-love-cameo-couples!! They are so pretty! Gorgeous cards!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE that little eyelet/lacey veil you added! BRILL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails