June 28, 2011

WMS July Release-Day 1

     Welcome, welcome, welcome! Welcome to the first day of Waltzingmouse Stamps July release!!!  Things are pretty romantic this month... oh la la!! I was ready for some Nestie-friendly oval stamps and if you’re like me, well, then this release will have you especially excited! Wooohooo! 
     I opted for a clean and simple romantic look because my “shabby chic” always seems to turn into “shabby chit”. Leaving paper “plain” is a real hard thing for me to do. I am on the fence about all of that plain Aqua Mist just glaring at me, but I keep telling myself that I am going for the “understated elegance” look and I keep slapping my hand hand as it tries to grab a stamp.

Cameo 2

     I copied the template for this gift card holder from one I received for my birthday. I think it could do double duty as a wedding invitation with some minor tweaks. I used stamps that we are showcasing tomorrow on the inside, so there is a bit of a surprise element here…I will show you the inside of the holder and what the insert looks like (think BIG) tomorrow. The July release sets I used are Oval-Classic Frames for the oval leaf border and Cameo Creations for the couple. I used the background stamp from Asian Gardens for the belly band because it is elegant with a natural feel.Cameo 1

     The cameo of the young girl, the frame and the sentiment are from soon to be released (July 1st) Cameo to Go set. The scalloped border stamp (i.e., half an oval) is from this month’s release Ovals-Classic Frames.

Cameo 3

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Asian Gardens, Cameo to Go (July ‘11 release),  Cameo Creations (July ‘11 release), Ovals-Classic Frames (July ‘11 release)
Ink: SU! Blushing Bride, River Rock, Crumb Cake; Ranger Antique Linen
Paper: SU! Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, River Rock; PTI Aqua Mist; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Other:
Spellbinders Grand Calibur, Nestabilities; Recollections adhesive faux pearls

     On a personal note, I had a surprise appendectomy last Tuesday and am finally feeling back to myself. Hopefully, I have had the last of a wet basement (it flooded again while I was in the hospital). The landscapers, and potentially a carpenter, are working to resolve the problem once and for all. I couldn’t be more ecstatic to have a dry stamping room!!!

     Please keep on clickin’ because the rest of the design team ladies have creations to share that I know you won’t want to miss!

Anya Schrier
Belinda Chang Langner
Bonnie Sharp
Claire Brennan (Ms. Brennan, if you’re Janet Jackson)
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Kate Whelan (That’s me!)
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Niki Estes
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker

20 comments:

  1. Very pretty great work

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - make sure you take it easy - no heavy lifting!!

    These cards are really beautiful! Very clean and simple. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Kate...I just adore the scalloped edge you created with the images. I never thought of that, but will be casing your idea. *wink* Love the idea of the belly band too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your designs Kate! The design of the fold over card is great - and love the pearls on the pink one! So sorry you were in the hospital and glad you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so lovely!! Very stylish!! Gorgeous envelope!
    Hope you feel all better now and that the flooding has been repaired. Gosh! A wet craft room, that's a nightmare!! Hope it didn't ruin anything for you!! All the best!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. Love them both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My oh my Kate; you just gave me a reason to raise my craft budget again.......This is STUNNING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate, your card is so lovely and the gift holder is fabulous!! Love the sweet designs. I hope you are recovering well, and take good care. And I hope the flooding problem will be resolved soon. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh... can't help but LOVE silhouettes and cameos... your cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are so elegant!! The aqua mist isn't just "staring" at me: it just allows the cameo and the stamped strip to take center stage. You did a VERY lovely job!!! (I wish I could come up with the beautiful creations that you come up with!) Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS. I hope you recover quickly from your surgery. I just had a hysterectomy and I think I can feel your pain! Take it easy and get well!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and elegant, Kate. I love the gift card holder you've created - what a perfect little something for the bride and groom. I'm sorry to hear of your hospital stay - I hope you're back in tip top shape soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the elegant edge of your rose colored card. And I love how you used the silhouette images outside of the ovals. Very romantic. Hope you're feelin' on the up and up real soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful creations! The pink card is so pretty with the lovely border and the sweet sentiment. And I love the oval focal point on your gift card. I hope that you have a speedy recovery. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Surprise surgeries can be horrible, but I suppose the alternative would have been worse! So glad you're ok. I love the cards and these cameos are absolutely gorgeous. Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, these really are so pretty, and the blue is very reminiscent of Wedgewood, fits perfectly with these designs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome projects Kate! Love that fold over card! I'll have to give that a try and the fancy border and pearls on the pink one, looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kate, you always stun me every time! I ADORE that border on your pink card! I need to remember to do fun borders -- they really add a lot to the card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails