June 13, 2011

Spring Sunset

     I am blogging from my deck tonight. I thought the following card was appropriate because it was inspired by a sunset I watched twinkle and glimmer through the new spring leaves while sitting on my deck a few weeks back. Now I find I am inundated with swarms of mosquitoes. I’ll have to find a remedy for that because deck blogging is so much better than in the creepy crawly basement blogging!

Celebrate

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Tiny Trees, Victorian Alphabet (period), Asian Gardens, Asian Gardens Additions, Free Spirit-Boy
Ink: SU! Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette; Memento; Versamark
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Ribbon: Unknown
Other:
Silver embossing powder

Unfortunately, the mosquitoes have won and I am forced to head back indoors. Thanks for poppin’ by for a look!

9 comments:

  1. Wauw, Kate! This is truly gorgeous!! Love all the stamps and colors and the shiny details!! Very nice card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love the lanterns against the flowery background! I love sitting on my back deck and burn a "bug lantern" or a mosquito coil to keep those critters away. Sometimes they win out anyway, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Kate, I'm a sucker for anything oriental!Take a Brewer's Yeast tablet each day, mozzies hate the smell that emanates from the body:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful scene that you created, Kate! A perfect marriage between Asian Gardens and Teeny Trees. Love it!!
    With all the rain that we've been having here in the Midwest, the mosquitoes are just terrible aren't they? I long for a screened porch. Maybe someday, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing stamper you are Kate, love this Asian garden scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate!
    First of all I have to apologise for being away so long. Our eldest son had surgery and the last few weeks were busy. Before that I had a back that has been hurting like crazy so I missed your previous posts......
    I am so happy to be back again and you never cease to amaze me. My oh my..an Oriental piece of heaven and it's made by you.
    Breathtaking Kate; this is pure beauty to look at!
    Hugs,
    Stella
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wonderful design - the tree and hanging lights are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you did to create the tree branches and flowers is amazing!!!! So Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the sporadic stamper and I am the sporadic commenter. :) I always ohh and ahh in my feed reader but never leave comments and I really should more often! LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! Loved it when I saw it, love it now. Love the fun use of the little star image and the leaves to create a fun scene!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails