May 3, 2011

WMS May Release Wrap Up

     Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments that you left on my blog this release!!! WOW! My blog has been smokin’ from all the activity!

Hugs
    

     The winner of the free Waltzingmouse Stamps set of choice is Shirley N. for the comment she left on my blog! Thanks Shirley and CONGRATS!!
    
     Next up is the napkin test challenge. I stamped plain napkins for the release with Memento ink, which I heat set with my embossing heat gun. For deets, see this post. I had concerns about what would happen when the napkins were used and many of you were curious as well. So here are the results. I was surprised the napkins held up as well as they did. I finally ended up pouring water on the napkin because it was holding up so well.

Napkin 1

Napkin 3

Napkin 2

     A bit of a snafu… When stamping monograms it’s important to make sure one gets the initials correct. How do I know? Well, I learned the hard way. If your initials are SCD and/or your first and last initials are SD and your husband’s are DC and you would like me to send you the corresponding cards, etc. (items in first five pictures) from Day 2 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps May release, the first person to leave a comment expressing interests gets them.

     Lastly, I contacted Tsukeniko. I’ve finally come to the realization that Memento inks are the best on the market, especially for acrylic stamps. I’ve had a hard time converting to this mindset because of the lack of muted colors, matching paper, ribbon, etc.  What won me over is that Memento inks cover splendidly on whatever type of paper you might be using, whether it’s PTI’s Stamper Select White or paper you pick up at Wal-Mart. For me, I like that great results are a no brainer. Just ink up your stamp and have at it. This is just my opinion…Tsukeniko has no idea who I am or what I am up to. The response I received is that, YES, more colors of Memento ink are on their way. Because of the devastating effect of the earthquake, the release date is unknown at this time. Definitely something to look forward to!

Thanks ladies, my first Waltzingmouse Stamps release was a BLAST!!!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Dainty Doilies-Large, Say it Loud, Gingham & Co., Very Vintage Christmas
Ink: Memento
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kate!

    Your card is awesome! Love the doily on the printed paper, works really well! Fun that you wrote to them to ask and tell them about the ink! I think all companies need customers like you, telling them what they think! Great!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Kate! If you stamped that background using the new reverse polka dot stamp from WMS, then I AM IN AWE. Presumably you had to double stamp and it is perfect! And thanks for the napkin test - good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I thought that was printed polka dot paper! Fabulous stamping and a wonderful clean and simple card. Will take your advice on Memento Ink if I can get a result even half as good as this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing how the napkins held up! They seemed to hold up very well! I'm so glad to hear there's more Memento colors coming soon. I love Memento inks!! I also love the Brilliance and Versamagic too, and wish the Memento inks would come in some of those colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Kate - did you stamp it in blue?? love how you see blue over the white spots but the rest looks more like black - a great vibrant card! and thanks for the test report on the napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the doily with the polka dot background and that color combo!! wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been able to blog for a few days because of too much work and look what I find here: all kinds of new fab stamped projects! All looking soooooo goooooooodd!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great combination of stamps, and love the colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I missed a few posts and I am so sorry for that. We had a busy time and our child had to stay in the hospital and needed surgery... But I seriously thought I wrote a comment for this piece of heaven. Because it took my breath away the moment I looked at it. I never ever get tired of doilies and your card.....wow wow wow. A masterpiece!

    Hugs,
    Stella
    X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails