May 23, 2011

Belated H2ndB WMS!

     Dear me! It had been a bit of a sudden whirlwind. I was to start my bar prep course and I had been trying to finish up a little of little odds-n-ends until I discovered I overlooked the biggest odd-n-end of all. My bar app!!! I missed the deadline. No exceptions are made. I will have to wait until the next exam at the end of February. I was lucky enough that I can switch my bar prep course from summer to winter. I just made the deadline on the cheap side. I had to FedEx 32 pounds of books back for 2nd day delivery. Had it been next day the cost would have been somewhere between $300-$600. Hopefully, there is a lesson learned here. I am still trying to wrap my head around it all. On top of it, there is water seeping into my basement craft room from all the rain we’ve had.

     I want to wish Claire and Waltzingmouse Stamps a belated Happy 2nd Birthday!!! I am so honored to be a part of the WMS Design Team. Claire’s creativity is unparalleled, she always manages to come up with the most versatile and unique designs. WMS just keeps getting better and better! Way to go Claire on a rockin’ 2 years!

     The £200 (approx $324USD) of WMS goodies went to the very lucky Deb C of the blog Tinkering with Ink : Engineering Creativity. Yay Deb!

     My card today isn’t a birthday card, but a redo. I just didn’t like how the first one turned out, so much so, I decided to redo it.

For the redo, I ripped of the vellum and decided instead to try and cut the vellum with a Nestie. It worked great and so did the SU! ink. I got great ink coverage with one try. I think the shape of Labels No. 5 Nestie along with the WMS Very Vintage Labels No. 5 stamp make the card.

Faith Redo

      I didn’t like how the ink I originally used wouldn’t give a good impression on the vellum. I stamped it three times and this was the best impression I could get. It just doesn’t pack the punch like the redo. And I think the shape of the vellum, although true to the sketch, didn’t accent the background or the sentiment the way the Labels No. 5 does.

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Very Vintage Labels No. 5, Victorian Frippery, Words of Wisdom
Ink (redo): SU! Early Espresso, Baja Breeze; PTI Fresh Snow
Paper: SU! Aqua Mist; Unknown vellum
Ribbon: PTI Fresh Snow velvet
Other:
Spellbinders Labels No. 5 Nestibilities, Grand Calibur; PTI Aqua Mist button

     Well, I think my craft room carpeting might be dry enough to move things back in. I am preparing for the June WMS Stamp of Approval Parade (SOAP). Be sure to check out Claire’s and the design teams’ blogs on June 1st for fun and fresh new ways to use you May release goodies!

     Blessing and Faith to you and thanks for stoppin’ by!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Kate! I'm so very sorry to hear your tales of woe :( To have missed your bar exam after all your incredibly hard work is more than bad enough, but then to have your craft room flooded on top is just the pits. I'm so sorry for all your trials and tribulations. Despite all of that, you've managed to create and post another of your wonderful cards. How you always manage to create such perfect backgrounds with whichever stamps fall into your talented hands is beyond me ... but you've done it again, and have created such a pretty card. I've tracked your blog right back to the first page, and am awestruck by your talent! So sorry again about your bar exam ... we'll all have to send you friendly reminders ahead of next Feb :) In the meantime, hope you and Pookie are happy and comfy in the dry now, and so much looking forward to seeing more of your brilliant creations ... thanks SO much for sharing them. Hugs, Melodie XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate!! So sorry you missed your application date - how discouraging it must have been for you! Love the bg stamping on this and the pretty vellum die cut! See you 6/1!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear about your recent spate of bad luck! You must be thinking "What next?!" Hang in there. I must say that in the midst of all of that, you created a beautiful card! Love that background - perfectly stamped, of course. And your sentiment redo is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate - so sorry to hear that you missed the deadline for your Bar application, and then to have water coming into your craft room. Sending you hugs. And your card is simply so elegant - love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to remember to use velum. I bought it, I need to use it...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails