April 30, 2011

WMS May Release–Day 3

     Welcome back for the third day of Waltzingmouse Stamps May release! Tomorrow’s the big day so please be sure to waltz along with the Design Team before the official release. All of your comments have really got me pumped! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments! 
     Please be sure to visit Claire’s blog and check out the posts from the first two days because there are BIG prizes to be had; you don’t want to miss out!!
     Today the WMS Design Team is featuring Dainty Doilies-Large and Dainty Doilies 2-Small. I used Dainty Doilies-Large and I am also peeking “the quiet side” of Say it Loud for my sentiments (thanks to Anya for the inspiration). 
     I felt like I was channeling “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” when I was stamping my backgrounds. I wanted to keep the sentiments small to show off as much of the backgrounds as possible. It provided the perfect opportunity to match the small sentiments from Say it Loud with the smaller very vintage Labels stamps.
     Onto the cards!
Doilies 4

Doilies 3

Doilies 1

Doilies 2

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Dainty Doilies-Large (available 5/1/11), Say it Loud (available 5/1/11), and Very Vintage Labels No. 3, 4, & 5
Ink: Memento
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; PTI SSW (for the Nesties)
Ribbon: Unknown White
Other:
Spellbinders Grand Calibur and Nesties

Please be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s posts. There is certainly a lot of doily eye candy to be had!!

Anya Schrier

Belinda Chang Langner

Bonnie Sharp

Carly Robertson

Claire Brennan

Jennifer Holmes

Julia Aston

Kate Whelan (Me!)

Laurie Schmidlin

Lynn Mercurio

Mona Pendleton

Niki Estes

Sandie Dunne

Sarah Martina Parker

Tosha Leyendekker

23 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what an amazing idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the technicolour effect... fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours Kate! I just love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate

    Your colourful cards with the different doily stamps look very good, I like them.

    And I also very much like your cards using the "Join Us" stamps shown yesterday. I think it's a great idea to also stamp on white napkins, that really looks great together.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW these are so colorful and eye-popping! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright fun background you created with the doilies Kate! Love these wonderfully festive cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! Such a kaleidoscope of colours.. just pops out. Fantastic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is how I really love to see doilies, what a brilliant idea!! This outburst of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastically colorful projects. Such a great technique and a fabulous way to show off the versatility of these images. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the bright, fun colors you used with these stamps! Beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you piled on the color with the doilies! It is very bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are truly amazing, Kate! I love how the colors blend in the different doilies and the colors together are gorgeous!! Great idea! Oeh, those new sentiments look just wonderful as well!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow - it's like a bright splash of color. like stain glass!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These totally reminded me of my Spirograph when I was a kid! Did I just date myself?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun Fun FUN!! colors. Patterns. STAMPS (of course!)
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow -- makes me think of a psychedelic spirograph! So eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the rainbow of doily you've created! Those doilies look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are so visually stunning - like a kaleidoscope. Wow! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun Kate! Love the colorful BG you created!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! Love the happy colors and patterns! They make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What detailed backgrounds! I agree with Laurie, they are very kaleidoscopic! I love how you used the accompanying phrases from Say It Loud to create your sentiments - I love that set!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous colors! Super fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails