April 3, 2011

What a Day!

     I can’t tell you how much I love the new Waltzingmouse Stamps Back in the Saddle and Way out West sets, and I’m not even country folk…but, hey, there’s no need to be! ;)

Big Day & Happy Trails

     I think this card’s sentiment makes it very versatile. It could be used for a birthday, graduation, possibly even a Western-style wedding. Apparently, I had a bit of trouble getting the black mat cut straight. ;)

Big Day

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Back in the Saddle, Way out West, Bitty Banners, Earth Angel (small star), Vintage Banners 
Ink: SU! Ridinghood Red, Sahara Sand; Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Paper: SU! Ridinghood Red, Basic Black; PTI Vintage Cream
Other:
Nestabilities

     On this next card, I used a watercolor pen to go over the lines of the mountains to give them a softer look. I watercolored on some Marigold Morning  near the skyline to soften the transition to the cream paper. I also used the pen to make the foreground look like it was covered in mist. Super simple and quick ways to add some visual interest.

Happy Trails

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Way out West, Back in the Saddle, Vintage Alphabet (period), Wanda’s Pantry (lizard)
Ink: SU! Soft Suede, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy, Cajun Craze; Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Paper: SU! Soft Suede, Cajun Craze; PTI Vintage Cream
Other: SU! linen thread (braided), word window punch

Wishing you happy trails on your journeys today! Thanks for stoppin’ by!

12 comments:

  1. THE LIZARD!!!! genius touch!!! LOVE these Kate!!! Such brilliant cards!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant Kate, I wouldn't even know where to start with this theme! One of the digi challenges that I participate in had wild west as the theme and I lost my mojo I'm afraid :)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are FABULOUS! Love the little lizard next to the sentiment and the layered look of the bg image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nearly fell off my chair..... I am waiting for the announcement that you joined the DT of Waltzingmouse :) Really Kate; this is out of this world beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE these, Kate. What fantastic use of the images from these sets! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! I love that little lizard. I have been thinking of getting this set, you are nudging me closer to the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your landscape is really soft and gorgeous Kate. I love what you have been doing with these stamps.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kate, you really make the most gorgeous projects!!! I love your style and the stamps you use are also my fave brands, so I will be following you with a lot of pleasure and I'm very curious what you will be making for WMS! I'm pretty sure you'll be gaining lots and lots of new followers! ;-) Gorgeous cards here!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your BIG DAY card! It makes me think of TX! The combination of banner dies is super and I do like your paper choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kate, you're turning into a real Western girl! This style suits you (but then again, so do many others!). Your landscape is a marvel!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, Kate! I have been scrolling down and my jaw is just hitting the keyboard! I have always loved your PTI creations, and I can't even wait to see all that you make as a WMS DT member...congratulations, you SO deserve it, yippee!

    PS...I love these Western cards, and your scary cool guitar and skull cards, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep designed to perfection, you put them to great use here, fab colour choices too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails