April 25, 2011

Vernal & Autumnal–Tiny Trees Style

     Today is a tribute to two out of my 3 1/2 seasons (I can only love about 1/2 of winter). Tiny trees is definitely a set with unlimited seasonal options. I have made several different seasonal cards with the set and I still haven’t even used half of the set. One thing I have found is that SU! inks seem to work best on super smooth papers like SU! Whisper White and Very Vanilla.

Glorious Wishes

Glorious Wishes 1

     I got a bit carried away with building this tree. It overgrew its trunk so I had to extend the trunk below the sentiment to keep it balanced. The ribbon border? Well, that covers up the faux stitching border that went awry.

Glorious Wishes 2

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Tiny Trees, Frame It, Off Beat Backgrounds, Victorian Alphabet (period), Spring Baskets
Ink: SU!
Paper: SU!; PTI SS White (base card)
Ribbon: PTI Dark Chocolate twill; Unknown Copic-colored thin white ribbon; Unknown White crochet thread
Other:
PTI Buttoned Up #1 die

Wishing you glorious spring wishes with many thanks that fall is far in the future. Thanks for springin’ by!

7 comments:

  1. Love your crisp looking trees Kate! Nice and bright looking cards! I guess we both had the same theme on our minds, still have to post mine ;-) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Kate - both really fresh and bright. You do create the most wonderful cards with WMS stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kate - I love what you have done with these sets. Great use of that stitching image. I had to look to see if you had sewn on your card...LOL

    Outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, I love these two cards....you make tiny trees very attractive to me...have to take another look at those....thanks for your comment on our street....hope your blossom lasts longer than ours...but when folks say 'they don't last' - I say that's why they are so special...you only have them for a little while to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both look so fresh and crisp; it's amazing to see ehat you can do with a few stamps :)
    The blue card is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your giant trees Kate! they are really blossoming! super design on these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved these giant trees when I saw them in reader... just haven't had a chance to comment until now! LOVE LOVE LOVE. I'm going to have to try stamping me some giant trees!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails