April 1, 2011

Party on Dude

     I thought the guitar stamp from WMS set Back in the Saddle could transition into a rockin’ acoustic guitar with the help of a few other WMS sets! My original intent was to create a teen guy card…I should have had the foresight that a rainbow background is more teen girl so that is what the card evolved into. Then I thought, ok, camouflage colors should be pretty dude-like and thus, the idea for the second card was born. I guess I had to get the “girl” out of my system before I could start thinkin’ like a “dude”…ummmhmmm! I’ll probably give ‘em to my stepmom to give to my teenage niece and nephew for their birthdays.

Party on Dude

Party

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Back in the Saddle, Earth Angel (heart), Midnight Feast, Free Spirit – Sentiments, Holiday Labels No. 14, Vintage Banners (3 small stars), Musical Backgrounds
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug, Tangelo, Dandelion, Pear Tart, Bahama Blue, Grape Jelly 
Paper: PTI SS White
Ribbon:
PTI Fresh Snow twill

Rockin' Dude

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Back in the Saddle, Earth Angel (heart), Midnight Feast, Free Spirit – Sentiments, Vintage Banners (3 small stars), Off Beat Backgrounds, Bitty Banners, Very Vintage Christmas
Ink: SU! Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, River Rock; Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream; SU! River Rock
Other:
i-rock Glam Rocks - Mirror

Tip: SU! inks can be stamped over immediately (e.g., the stars on the guitar), but I found that with Memento inks, the base ink has to dry fully before stamping on top of it or else the two stamped images bleed together and the second image ends up disappearing.

And always remember to never get to old to keep on rockin’ in the free world! Have a kick-bootie Friday!

9 comments:

  1. These are fabulous masculine cards...that paper is perfect I can hardly believe that it's not patterned paper and the strip of piano keys is perfect. Truly rockin' awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are FABULOUS!! This is such a brilliant and gorgeous way to use these stamps. My oh my you've really outdone yourself. Time for you to join the DT at Waltziongmouse stamps :) I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry; I meant Waltzingmouse... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your 'Dude' card. Great job with all that stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the use of the guitar and skull image! LOVE the fun rainbow card! And the dude card is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fabulous!! I love the way you've made the background with the stamps. I may have to CASE these cards for my son - they're perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails