April 4, 2011

It’s an Eggstra Special Day!!!

     Today is day 4 of the April Waltzingmouse Stamp of approval Parade (a/k/a SOAP)! Some of you may have already anticipated this (dear, lovely Stella), but today is my first post as a Waltzingmouse Stamps Design Team member!!! YAY!! Joining with me today are Niki and Tosha! I couldn’t be more honored or excited!!! Claire and the rest of the gals are some of the most talented women from around the globe! I have always found them to be a source of awe and inspiration! (P.S. I will be at work when this posts and will be updating my blog with the Design Team links later today. I didn’t want to jump the gun and spoil everyone’s surprise.)
     For my card today, I did a bit of traditional and non-traditional masking. I don’t like to cut masks, so when I do I cut them out of a lightweight cardstock rather than normal printer paper or post-its. This way, I can use the mask more than once without fear of bleed-throughs. My “non-traditional” masking comes from the way I removed the basket handle. I stamped the body of the basket as close to the edge of my stamp pad as possible. Then, I used a wet wipe to remove the bit of ink that got on the handle. I removed some of the basket in order to make sure I removed all of the handle because I knew I could draw/trace it in later. 
 Eggstra Special

     I cut out the large egg group and glued it onto the main image and then  drew/extended the top line of the basket onto the eggs. This way it looks like the eggs are inside the basket as opposed to the straight edge left by the paper when I glued it on. It’s a small touch that visually completes the image (and hopefully distracts from the messy “o” in the sentiment…I hate when I have fuzz attached to my stamps that I don’t know about until it’s too late!!!).
    
     And now (drumroll please), the biggest surprise is that it’s time for you to get your craftiness on and participate in a CASE (Copy and Share Everything) competition. All you need to do is find a card or project from any of the projects posted over the past few days by the WMS Design Team, CASE the project using Waltzingmouse Stamp images, and link it using the Inlinkz on Claire’s blog at http://waltzingmouse.blogspot.com/. At the end of the competition, one project will be randomly selected and highlighted with a Parade of its own on several of the Design Team blogs. We all hope this competition inspires your creativity.
     Please note, you have one week to complete and link your project. The competition closes at 8:00 AM Claire’s time on April 10th, 3 AM Eastern, 2 AM Central, and 12 AM Pacific time.  The winner will be announced on Claire’s blog on April 11th.

Please be sure to continue on to the rest on the DT's wonderful creations!



Stamps:
Waltzingmouse Stamps Spring Baskets
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI SS White, Hibiscus Burst
Ribbon: PTI Hibiscus Burst grosgrain
Other:
Nestabilities; Copics; Prismacolor colored pencils; Odorless mineral spirits; Copic Multiliner SP 0.05

   
We hope that y’all enjoyed the first Waltzingmouse Stamp of Approval Parade; highlighting last month’s sets and the classic Spring Baskets set.

25 comments:

  1. Yay Kate! :) So glad you're joining the WMS DT! :) :) :) :) Enough smiles?

    Adore this! Love the eggs on the bottom and the basket peeking out from it! Lovely masking job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kate! I added your blog to my list of favorites when I saw your WMS designs on hops. I love your style and enjoy all your creations. Thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, welcome! Kate!! so happy to have you with us on the DT!!! what a bright gorgeous egg filled Easter Basket you have created for us today! Super coloring on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! :) Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Kate!!!! A great Easter card! Looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kate! Isnt WMS the best? I love how you put those eggs behind the basket! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so beautiful and colourful! I am so happy to have you with us Kate! You are right on - this is a wonderful design team and Claire is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the WM DT Kate! This card is so pretty! Love the vibrantly colored eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations Kate! What a super fun bright card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card, Kate! I'm excited to get to work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Kate! It didn't surprise me in the least to see that you have been asked to join the WMS DT. You make a fantastic addition to the group and I'm looking forward to seeing all that you create. Love your card today - love the vibrant colors that you used.
    I've been out of the loop for the last week or so and I see that I've missed a lot of your posts - can't wait to check the rest of them out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your egg display is stunning Kate!! What an elegant and gorgeous card!! I'm thrilled to be joining the WMS dt with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How bright is that - what a way to make an entrance! Congratulations on becoming a member of the team.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love how you used bright colors but even more is the way you used the small eggs behind the basket

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a great card!! and congrats on joining the team!! I've enjoyed browsing some of your older posts and you are a very talented lady!! can't wait to see your future works:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Kate! I know Claire wanted you for the team for a long time, and no wonder! You are a terrific artist and, me thinks, no longer just a sporadic stamper. ;) I love the bold colors of your card. I adore shabby chic, but I'm most often drawn towards COLOR. I'll be keeping an eye out for more of your wonderfully inspiring creations.

    Hugs!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun and colourful card! Congrats on the team! You'll be a hit!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats Kate & welcomer to the WMS DT - I love your work already - such creativity!! Lucky us to be inspired by you - Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kate - many congratulations on becoming a WMS DT member. I love your cards - you are so inpsirational and create some of the most amazing backgrounds with Claire's stamps. Well done! You might just have to change the name of your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Go Kate!! Congratulations on the WMS news - they are lucky to have you. It goes without sying that you have done it again with this cute card. I love the tip about the masking.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad to have you as part of the team, Kate! Your creations are beyond gorgeous and so inspiring - we have the same love for creating our own backgrounds!

    This card is outstanding with the bright colors and piles of eggs. I love the masking you have done, also. I am looking forward to working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm finally getting around to looking at all of the final day of SOAP's projects and I just love this. What fun and colorful eggs...reminds me of the ones I used to make with my kids.

    I'm so excited to have you part of the WMS team...you are so creative and I look forward to seeing even more of your artistic side in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes yes yes I knew it! Wow Kate; this is amazing news and I am so happy for you! Cobgratulations; you deserve to be an amazing part of that team and I am looking forward to more stunning creations!I am way behind with blogging; due to a busy week and weekend; that;s the reason why I am so late with my comment. Í'm sorry!
    Your card; my oh my this is such a fabulous eample of your talent!
    Enjoy your Sunday!!
    Hugs,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  24. Forgive me my horrible typing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice to see lots of colour in the eggs, very cool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails