March 1, 2011

PTI’s Make It Monday #1: Go-To Sentiment Cards

     I found PTI’s Make It Monday series rather inspiring. I made this pair of birthday cards and also a pair of similar thank you cards, which still need a finishing touch. I will post those later this week.

MIM #1-1

MIM #1-2

     The story behind the next card is that I had a smudge on the bottom border. I am a messy stamper and am lucky to make a card that doesn’t have a smudge on it somewhere. Originally, the card had the same striped border as the one above. I thought adding to the border would distract from the smudge, but instead it drew more attention to it. On top of it, I grabbed the wrong green ink. So I decided to add a bow to hide the smudge... and soften the border. I am happy with the results.

MIM #1-3

Stamps: PTI Giga Guidelines, Background Basics: Retro, Borders & Corners {Rectangle}, Faux Ribbon, Mat Stack 1, Mat Stack 3, Birthday basics and numerous others
Ink: SU! Sahara Sand, Concord Crush, Old Olive, Always Artichoke (by mistake)
Paper: SU! Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Concord Crush
Ribbon: Unknown
Button(s): PTI
Other:
PTI Mat Stack 1 & 3 dies; WRMK corner chomper; Fiskars Treading Water border punch; i-rock Mirror Glam Rocks

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love the way you stamp Kate, your cards are amazing
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic creations Kate. Love your color choices and the way you have incorporated them into your designs. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you back creating :) And my oh my; this is brilliant. I love love love your cards; even with a smudge on it. Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails