March 6, 2011

L’il Buddies - Chick

     I can tell Spring is on its way (even though it’s snowing outside right now). It’s lighter in the morning and the birds have started to sing again. Spring is all about cute baby animals, so I decided to play with my Waltzingmouse Stamps L’il Buddies set. I made a trio of clean and simple cards featuring two of the little chicks.

Li'l Buddies - Chick

    On this card, I stamped the crumbs multiple times and I turned the stamp each time so that the crumbs didn’t have an obvious repeat pattern. 

Feeling Crummy

     For this card, I masked the chick-in-egg and then stamped the pile of eggs from WMS Spring Baskets two times, being mindful of the stamped frame.

You're a Good Egg

     On this next card, I decided to add a few free-hand touches to the plain egg from WMS Spring Baskets. Unfortunately, the pen I used has a tendency to smear. I am thinking I may have to look into Copic’s drawing pens.

You Crack Me Up

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Frame It, L’il Buddies, Spring Baskets 
Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Marina Mist, Crushed Curry, Bashful Blue
Paper: SU! Marina Mist, Crushed Curry, Bashful Blue; PTI SS White
Other: Copics, Sakura Micron 005 pen

Keep that spring in your step and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute and sweet! I love the bright and crisp look of these cards. Your coloring skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, these are super cute! And I love how you colored them, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so very cute! I've resisted Li'l Buddies so far, but I'm cracking under the pressure. LOL I love that you used Frame It on these cards. And the "you crack me up" card is wonderfully creative with your hand drawn additions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, these are really cute and very different to your usual postings! Please visit my blog for a little surprise!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails