March 16, 2011

Graduation 2011

     I just love this wreath with the ribbon. When I started out, I had no intention of making a graduation card. I was going to make a monogrammed note card but when I saw the cap in the WMS free Spirit–Boy set I thought I would play around with it. This is what I came up with. I think it is a clean and classy graduation card. School colors could easily be substituted. I opted to use the lower case “l” instead of the “1” because there were two of those in the Victorian Alphabet set… and nobody knows except you and me! Now I am ahead of the game, if I happen to know someone who is graduating this Spring!

Congrats 2011

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Free Spirit – Boy, Off Beat Backgrounds, Very Vintage Christmas, Fancy Phrases, Nutcracker Sweet, Victorian Alphabet
Ink: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush; Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: SU! Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz; PTI Vintage Cream
Other:
Nestabilities; WRMK Corner Chomper

See you tomorrow on the Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz! Thanks for stoppin’ by!

7 comments:

  1. I love this; it's perfect for the occasion and I think I lift this card when my son is graduating in 2013 or 2014. ( If you don't mind; I put it in my favorites folder...) He's now in his second year at University and I know for sure he would love a card like this.
    I love these colors; subtle and classic. Pur beauty; as usual....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect grauduation card, love the laurel wreath and the colours you used are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking card! I love that you pulled elements from several sets and blended them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Kate, I love how the wreath gives it a classical Roman feel
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect graduation card Kate! I'm glad for the idea to use "l" instead of 1. Perfect substitution - I truly wouldn't have ever guessed!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great design on this Grad card Kate! love how you add the bow to the laurel - and the grid looks great on the bottom! such a clever use of these stamps!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails