March 2, 2011

Asian Gardens Trio

     I am featuring a trio of cards made with Waltzingmouse Stamps. I really love the way these cards turned out. It seemed like forever before I was able to pick up and get creative with these sets, even though I loved all the possibilities of them at first sight. For me, I think it has a lot to do with ink. To me, ink is as fundamental as the stamps.  I had been under the impression that dye inks didn’t mix well with acrylic stamps. Anya Schrier proved me wrong. I invested in Stampin’ Up! inks and I couldn’t be happier. The range of colors that are ready when I am, inspires me. I discovered that I prefer dye inks with clear stamps. I feel that the combination allows me maximum control over stamp placement. Plus, it is so easy to clean the stamps with unscented baby wipes. (FYI… cleaning stamps was a MAJOR downer for me with pigment inks.)  I am still not pleased that SU! retires their colors, but I am learning to live with and accommodate the fact; maybe it’s not all bad… with a bit of preparation. I like to focus on the stamps and my design; I don’t like to worry about matching paper with inks. This is something I look for when making an investment in paper and/or inks, and I am glad to see that other companies are beginning to see the value in the combination.

Asian Gardens 1a

Asian Gardens 2

Asian Gardens 3

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Asian Gardens and Asian Gardens Additions
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, Going Gray, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Melon Mambo, Bordering Blue (Oh, how I love this color)
Paper: SU! Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz
Ribbon: PTI Vintage Cream grosgrain, Fresh Snow grosgrain
Other:
Nestabilities, EK Success corner rounder

If you made it this far, thank you for hearing me out out! Have a fabulously awesome day! I appreciate you stopping by!!

8 comments:

  1. Love these cards Kate especially the 2nd one! I keep meaning to get some Waltzing mouse stamps and this set is absolutely lovely :)Like the way one corner is rounded.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these designs, Kate. Similar designs but all with a different look. Great job on all three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what pretty designs using the lovely Asian Garden sets! particularly like the rain cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's just a matter fo time for you tojoin the DT at Waltzingmouse....:) these cards knocked me off my socks; wow!! I can only sigh.....The first one is my favorite; love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful cards! I especially love the colorful bird on the second one. I'm so glad to see you posting again - you always inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate your inspiration. I chose you for a Stylish Blogger Award. If you wanna keep this going you can see the rules on my blog. Thanks again. scrappincatscreativeendeavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your trio of oriental influenced cards - especially the one with the rain. And thanks for your tip on the baby wipes. I'm such an infrequent stamper that I didn't even know that you don't wash them with soap and water LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so gorgeous! Love the sceneries you made!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails