February 26, 2011

Everyday Button Bits + Button Boutique

     I suppose my blog should be titled “The Sporadic Blogger” because I stamp nearly every day. I graduated from law school in January and plan on taking the bar exam the end of July. My craft room is in the basement and it’s prone to flooding and insects. I finally have had time to thoroughly clean, disinfect, reassemble and reorganize my craft room. I am just puttering around with some finishing touches and then I should have everything under control…for now.
     I have a ton of cards made and photographed and a bunch of cards almost completed. I hope to start posting again in a timely fashion so that I can share them with you.
     I have been waiting for a set like PTI’s Button Boutique ever since they came out with their “button bits” sets and so far the two sets I have used have worked fabulously together. I couldn’t wait to share, so here are some images that haven’t made it onto cards yet. It’s the perfect way to have a mailable card using buttons! The idea to use shading to make the buttons look more realistic came from Debbie Olson – sheer genius!

Buttons

Stamps: PTI Button Boutique, Everyday Button Bits, All About You, Vintage Labels; WMS Very Vintage Labels No. 2
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Tangerine Tango, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Perfect Plum
Paper: PTI SS White; SU! Not Quite Navy, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi
Other: i-rock rhinestones, Copics, Nestabilities

Thanks for checking in and have a fabulous Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on graduating Kate and good to see you posting again! Love these cards the're such fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun button cards Kate! love the bright colors and the shading tip! Big congrats on graduating - what an accomplishment - and, well, we won't talk about all the work getting ready to take the bar right!?!? glad to hear you got your crafting room all straightened out - I really need to work on mine it's SO cluttered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations on graduating - and it's back to studying for the bar exams!! Have fun!!

    Love these button cards - so bright and cheerful! Well done on sorting your craft room, I'm sort of half way on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your graduating and it's good to see you're back :)
    These cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails