October 2, 2010

Zoom Zoom Rocket Man

     Cheers to Elton John! This card measures 3 3/4 x 8 3/4. I have a lot of envelopes that fit is size card laying around so when I saw the WMS Design Team gals were making cards this size I thought it was the perfect opportunity for me to start using up my envelopes. The set I used for both cards I am sharing today is WMS’ Half Pint Heros. The name is as cute as the actual set!! CUTE! The rocket ship is cut out and attached with dimensional tape and I used acetate to cover the window opening. I think kids like cards that have something going on, I know I did.

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

     Inside: BIRTHDAY!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA 

     Shiny! I used PTI’s silver paper. The paper took ink (Palette Noir) and colored pencils amazingly well. I started off  using aluminum foil. It stamped ok but was to flimsy to cut out. I thought it would give the rocket ship a real cute retro 50s look. I decided I should have glued the aluminum foil to cardstock before cutting. I may try to tackle it again in the future. Both the PTI paper and aluminum foil would also look cute on the submarine included in this set. The rocket ship would have looked nicer if I embossed it but, between you and me, I find it messy and putzy. I really try to avoid it at all costs. I feel the same way about glitter, but I broke down and used it on this card. When I was little, I always liked birthday cards that had glitter on them. I am thinkin’ I might add glossy accents to the lights on the rocket.

     My next card would be appropriate for a lil’ dude or an ol’ dude! It is a super basic card but I wanted the cuteness and coloring to take center stage!

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

    Inside: I zoomed right past your birthday! Sorry, I forgot. Happy Belated Birthday! (computer generated)

Hope you have a day that is out of this world and traffic-free! Thanks for stopping by!!

5 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW. They are both fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE!!! I did not even know that PTI had that paper. These are super cute - you should be designing for WMS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgous and cute. I find it really hard to think of designs for children and these are great.
    Hugs,
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute Kate - love your colouring on these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these simple one layer cards, they are both adorable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails