October 3, 2010

A Year In Flowers: June & July

    I LOVE to color flowers. Here are the first few cards of my complete twelve-month set. I am using Flourishes’ A Year In Flowers sets.  I think the cards will be nice for the recipient to use for birthdays or weddings in the corresponding month. (Super secret bizarre fact about me: I don’t send out cards to people. (GASP) I mainly give them as gifts) I posted my prototypes a few days back, here.  What did my prototypes teach me? Well, for me, I find it easiest to color my background first. Then I do not have to worry about accidentally blending the image colors into the background. I used colored pencils with odorless mineral spirits. The paper and ribbon are PTI. I used an EK Success punch for the bottom border.

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

Have lovely, lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. These are absolutely exquisite Kate. Your colouring is spot on.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are stunning; you should not only give them as a gift but sell them too. I think you would have a booming business; they are fabulous!Just like the rest of your cards...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly stunning coloring- these are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails