October 5, 2010

Haute Horror or Gaudy Ghoulishness

     Believe it or not this was supposed to be my attempt at a more masculine Halloween treat bag. A cajillion years ago, I bought some die cut boxes. It was so long ago that die cuts could only be gotten through your LSS. I traced one of the boxes onto black paper and cut it out… I think I hear my Cricut chirping my name!!!! I made my own mock bakers twine. I just colored with a Copic on crochet thread at (somewhat) even intervals. In my book (and as my dad would say), it is GEFGW, a/k/a good enough for government work. Moving on to the ribbon, I stamped the ribbon which black pigment ink. Pigment ink, unlike dye ink, won’t bleed on ribbon. The turning point of the card was when I put the rhinestones on the flourishes. I couldn’t stop myself, there was no turning back. So rhinestones ended up on the ribbon and the tag and thusly haute horror was born. I decided I had better jazz up the bats so I liberally applied Black Diamond Stickles. I used Waltzingmouse Stamps. The sets are Midnight Feast, Wanda’s Pantry, Very Vintage Labels No. 4 and very Vintage Labels #5.

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

May your day be filled with all tricks and no treats!!!

5 comments:

  1. OOo, how scary!
    Not really - but I do LOVE it!! I laughed out loud at your description of the rhinestones and glitter run-away! You are so funny!!

    Great project, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How spooky and FABULOUS!!!!!!! I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally spooky cool! I love the way you stamped your tissue paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this cute little package!!! Perfectly spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful!!! The ribbon looks fab - and the stickles really work. So what are you going to fill it with? Hope they are suitably grisly :))) Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails