July 25, 2010

WMSC #7

     I love this set by WMS! With Claire’s release of 2 new sets this Tuesday, and all of her and the DT’s abhorrently amazing Halloween projects, I decided to make a Halloween card myself. WMSC #7 fit the bill! It appears that Ms. DerbyLea and I were channeling the same spiritual force for this challenge!
     For my card I used WMS Halloween Party stamp set. I used a technique Claire showcased in her release of this set. She embossed her images with white embossing powder and then colored them with Copics. My coloring didn’t turn out as even as hers so I decided to add some highlights and shadows. I really like how it turned out. I stamped the bats ad stars in Versamark ink. Wanda and the pot were stamped In Versamagic black ink and embossed with clear power. The bubbles and sparks were stamped with white Versamagic, embossed with white powder and colored with Copics.

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

Have a wickedly wonderful day. Thanks for flying by!

8 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic..You can see the magic.Great job..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the ribbons with the buttons! Great dp paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Kate! Love your shimmery bubbles & magic! Love what you did with this week's sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :) Hope you come join the fun next week for an all new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, I love your card! Aren't Halloween cards fun? I'm in the same line of work as you, so I know what it's like to try to make time for stamping... especially right now. Good luck with your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, fab colour combo and great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kate! great job on this! love the flourish falling from Wanda's hand and your terrific stamped bg! I never thought to color over white embossing! thanks so much for playing with WMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate,
    I loved this card the first time I saw it - today I'm playing around trying to re-create it! It's actually much harder than it looks!!! LOL

    I just thought I'd tell you that I'm making one, it's for me only - and I'll link back from my blog to your post so everyone can see how much better your card is than mine! (sadly, it's true).

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your work! And wish I could get your posts in my email in box. But the subscribe to posts At the bottom isn't working properly. ;(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails