June 15, 2010

Strawberry Recipe Box

     I made another fruit-themed recipe box to share with you all today. I have been in a coloring mood lately and stamps from Flourishes really seam to fit the bill! I used a PTI template designed by Lauren Meader called Card Couture. I really, really wish PTI would convert their Timeless Templates to SVG/electronic cutting files (if this has already happened and I missed it please let me know!). I don't like the score lines showing nor do I like the traces of the cutting outlines that show. You can see examples of this in the two pictures below  that show the inside of the box. I know, I am being picky picky.
     I was going for a strawberry crate theme a PTI’s Background Basics: Woodgrain worked perfectly. A thought just occurred to me that using these stamps to create a basket background might be interesting… definitely a lot of masking required.
KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
     I created the recipe cards the same way I did for the lemon set, by using sticker paper.
KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
     The little strawberry on the lid hides the magnet closure and the eyelet I had used when I originally decided to close the box with elastic. It looked cute and worked well but started wearing out the paper on the box. I just hate when good ideas go bad. I always have a devil of a time getting the magnets to stick to the paper instead of each other.
 KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
     I am still trying to decide if I want to use PTI’s recipe box set to add labels to the dividers.
KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
     The sets I used are Flourishes’ Strawberries and PTI’s Background Basics: Woodgrain and Fruitful Sentiments.
     Quoting Strawberry Shortcake, “Have a berry nice day!”  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Wow! This is just plain gorgeous (without being plain, of course!). I'm wondering...do you know the Copics you used? Especially for the leaves. I really need to expand the greens I currently have and these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have some true work of creativity in your gifting and color choices. i love your recipe box -- just so fun & fresh. and the wood grain absolutely to die for.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails