March 3, 2010

Irish Blessings

The first card is a wedding card, probably a bit non-traditional but I like it. I thought it might well suited for a groom’s dinner. My inspiration came from this card of Claire’s. I just love this image. The stamp sets I used are Waltzingmouse Stamps Irish Blessings, Celtic Heritage and Off Beat Backgrounds.  The inside says “Congratulations on your wedding day.” I used colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. The border punch is by EK Success. I stamped the grid background from Off beat Backgrounds in PTI’s Spring Moss on PTI’s Spring Moss twill ribbon, waited for it to dry and then distressed it a bit with PTI’s Chamomile & Chai tea dye inks.

Irish Blessing

My next card is a “welcome to the neighborhood” card. I was trying to capture the pinkish-golden glow of a summer sunset. The stamp set I used is WMS Irish Blessings. I used my Cricut to cut out the card’s window. PTI’s Tea Dye Duo was used to distress the card and give it a vintage, rustic feel.

Thousand Welcomes

Top o’ the mornin’ to ya and enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. Kate, I had to take a second look at these to make sure you weren't shining a light directly on the cards, they are positively glowing, you have a real talent for colouring!!! these are just wonderful!!!That second one especially takes the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza Kate, just scrolled through your blog and you are AMAZING! I love your color combos and especially as Claire mentioned, your coloring skills. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards!

    Please check out my NEW challenge blog and Design Team call at: www.ppc-challenges.blogspot.com

    -Megs :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails