December 1, 2009

Vintage Tea Time

Today's card were inspired by Betsy Veldman. I loved, loved, loved her background paper. I knew I wanted to CASE it an use it front and center on some cards. I wish my lopsided square shapes were more of a true diamond shape like hers! Hmmphf! My plans are to add a couple of cards to this set using Vintage Picnic.

I had waaaay over inked my cards using PTI’s Chamomile Tea Dye ink pad. It was so bad I ended up hating the cards, which I was even more upset about because I had spent a lot of time making the background paper. Well, I stashed the cards away hoping for an epiphany. Awhile back, I was playing around and somehow managed to use an overfilled blender pen on an image distressed with the Chamomile Tea Dye Ink. The blender pen softened the tea dye ink creating an aged water colored or water stained look. At the time, it didn’t occur to me to try the blender pen on today’s cards. Everything finally connected and viola I am happy with these cards once again!

Tea Time 2

Tea Time 1

2 comments:

  1. You are really a master with the background paper. Wonderful projects today and yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I found that out the hard way too. After spending tons of time coloring a Friends til the End project, I distressed the edges with the Vintage duo. The inks will act like a blender pen on your coloring! Just a little FYI...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails