October 15, 2009

Birthday Gift Ensemble

Birthday Gift 1

I made the notepad by cutting cream resume paper to size, stamping it, and then I painted several thin coats of Elmer’s glue (the plain white stuff) on the end. I used black binder clips to hold the paper secure while I applied the glue. I wasn’t sure the glue would work but it did. I must say that Elmer’s glue probably doesn’t work as well as the professional stuff (the sheets don’t tear off as perfectly) but I was looking for a quick and easy alternative and this did the job.

Tip: If you want to try making a notepad, make sure you have the paper tightly pressed together before painting on the glue or else the glue will seep in between the sheets. I  think one of those wood working clamps would work better than the black clips since it would apply pressure across the width of the paper.

Birthday Gift 2

Birthday Gift 3

I stamped on the twill ribbon that is wrapped around the box of stationery. I also inserted two small pieces of the stamped ribbon in the grosgrain bow. I was really happy with how it turned out but, unfortunately, it isn’t easily viewed in these pictures.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the manufacturer of the floral stamp.

Stamps: Martha Stewart; PTI: Fresh Alphabet, Simple Alphabet

Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Vintage Cream, Spring Moss

Ink: PTI Spring Moss pigment ink, Ripe Avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails